CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, July 18, 2008

Almost 3 years

Well, as I am up in the middle of the night, I thought I would write a little something to fill in a somewhat boring week.
We are in countdown mode to several big things! First is Braxton's Birthday! He would be 3 this year on August 1st and everytime that I get on my blog, I hear his song and am reminded of everything, as if I don't already think about him constantly! Alot has happened since that day in 2005 and Chad and I have had our ups and downs, emotionally! The down side is that our Anniversary for the past 3 years has been shared with this tragic event, and it makes it hard to celebrate. But, last year, my dear sweet Boo Boo got down on one knee and proposed....again! He had a beautiful Lagos ring with a beautiful quartz in it and said that he had booked the church so that we could get remarried on a different day, and have the happy anniversary that we deserve! (enter an "ahhhhh, how sweet!", here)
Now, as many of you know, Darby doesn't need ANY reason to throw a party, so you are probably wondering where your invite is, and why haven't you heard of the drama surrounding this over the top extravaganza? Um, well.... Darby turned him down....and let me tell you why! As much as I love throwing parties, especially one that involves me, I just didn't feel like this was the right thing to do. I feel like God intended for us to lose Braxton on our anniversary to be reminded of our vows, in good times and in BAD! It was a testiment to our relationship, and has been ever since! Secondly, for those of you that were at our wedding in 1998, we had a DAMN good time and it was still, by far, our best day ever! Sorry Braden & Baryn, but I am not gonna be one of those moms who lies through their teeth, saying that the birth of their children was their best day ever! Who likes to be confined to a hospital, poked and proded every 15 minutes, losing your pride, no cute gowns, bad food, no sleep, and not to talk about the long term affects of having a child!! Hello? Beatiful gown, all your friends, good food, fairy dream come true, Prince Charming & great vacation sounds soooo much better for this realist!
So needless to say, we did not have our May 10th wedding that Chad had booked (which was a bad weekend anyways with Mother's Day & Birthday, and lots of other things going on!) But what we are gonna do is get the heck out of dodge for our BIG 10th! It has been 10 years and we are going to try real hard to be happy on August 1st, hopefully this will be aided by a pina colada in our hand in Jamaica! We leave in about 10 days, and as sad as I am to not be here to go see Braxton on his birthday, I feel it is real important for Chad & I to be able to celebrate for the first time in 3 years!
I will post nice sentiments about our past 10 years, later, so get ready for that free entertainment!

0 comments: