CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, December 14, 2008

Bah Humbug!

Well, I am writing to update everyone that is "concerned" about me since I haven't updated in quite a while! It has been totally crazy around here since we returned from Colorado!

While I was writing the last update from Colorado, I was bragging on how much money we saved by me not skiing, and we did.....until Chad's expensive rental skis got stolen and we owed them all the money I was saving us!! This put a damper on Thanksgiving, but in perspective, it could of been worse, ie kids, cars or our wallets.

We got back in time to spend a day and a half with Bart, Jeannine and the kiddos! Baryn and Bee Dub had a blast with all the attention! Braden is anxious to go see them with Sylvia & Dan next weekend to take our gifts!

Then, Monday started crazyness (which is totally normal) with preparations for Chad's company party in Midland. Since Chad IS the Midland office, he got to do all the prep work, with MY help! The party was a success and his bosses were quite impressed! We each had lots of appointments that week as well with personal stuff, a party on Friday night, Breakfast with Santa at the Doss' and then a dinner party at our house Saturday night. We needed this party after the week our friends had. We had 3 people lose their grandmother/ great aunt that week and 2 of them that were at our party had the funeral that day. So the party was a necessity!

The next week, we awoke to our neighbor coming over at 7:30, to say that their car had been ransacked and robbed. I went to go look at mine, and YEP, robbed, but only of cash is what it looks like so far. I can't beleive it! Tuesday, one of my customers said her car had been robbed as well.

Monday, I had an MRI where I have never been so still for 30 minutes! whooo! I am looking at having surgery before Christmas on my wrist. I go to schedule it this week.

Wednesday, I received 3 calls back to back while getting my hair shampooed and unable to get to the phone. I called the last person, which was Vickie. She said that there was a house either on Haynes or on Dawn that was engulfed in flames. Since our WHOLE family lives on this block, I was a wreck until I could get ahold of my mom, who didn't answer the phone (which made it WORSE) I called her cell, and she immediately said it was my lifelong neighbor caddy corner to mom & dad and 3 doors down from Sylvia & us. So scary when mom said that the whole house was already in flames and the fire trucks were getting there! OMG, I have never seen anything like this! It took 3 cops for me to get past to get into the neighborhood. Mom & Dad had their granddaughter and so she & Baryn played played played! Baryn had a blast! The air outside was awful and I wreeked of smoke. I tried to do what I could, but it was just devastating.

This makes us so appreciative of everyday with our kids and our items that we cherish!

Thursday we flew to Houston. Chad at 5am, me at 5pm! we had dinner with the kiddos' Godparents and their kids and then called it a night! Chad had meetings all day Friday & I had lunch and shopping time with one of my old work buddies! Then off to the KR Houston Christmas Party (the whole reason for going!) Saturday, we shopped a little, ate at PF Chang's, flew home, picked up the kids at each granparents house and then off to a family Christmas Party where Santa made an appearance. Baryn took one look and backed it up, to another room! I made sure to get the screaming photo, which is a must!!

Today, after church, the country club, and a nap, we went to a fellow classmate of Braden's Christmas Party, a quick trip to Sam's and then to Hannah's 1st birthday party!

WHEW! now do you understand why it is so hard to update?

We have a bad taste in our mouths with all the negative things going on around us, to us, and to our friends, so it is really hard to get into the Christmas spirit. We are trying so hard, but there is something in the air. I think that this might be our last Christmas to experience since next year, the president is making it mandatory that we celebrate Kwanza! (just checking to see if you were really reading all the way to the end!!

Hopefully I will get out of this Bah Humbug attitude!

3 comments:

Janai Rogers said...

perk up, bitch!

Janai Rogers said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
the Sebring's said...

You are too funny! I love to read your blog posts! Also I love Janai's comment! Miss ya'll!