Hello from Colorado! While Chad & Braden are out skiing, and Baryn & I are here at the condo, I thought I would avoid the work I brought with me to do & catch everyone up on our trip! We left on Saturday & headed into Colorado & stayed the night in Pueblo. We continued on to Breckenridge and took a side trip to the Royal Gorge in Canon City. This is a really neat place to view the river and the mountains!

We started out by taking the incline elevator down the mountain. We stood in the blue compartments and it took us down the mountain. I have never seen such a thing! It was neat!

It took us down to the river, and then we went back up!

Where we went shopping for some souvenirs, but we found some funny hats!

Then we took the Gondola from one side to the other & then back again! The kids weren't even scared!

We then made it to the Condo, and went to go check out the mountain which is across the way from the Condo. The spout behind the kids is the man made snow shooting out! We don't arrive to much snow! (nor has there been any snow all week!)

This is the boys playing on our patio when we arrived!

Then we crashed for the evening in front of the light switched fire place.

The kids cuddled and wound down before being put in their own quarters!

Monday, we went on the Gondola to the top of the mountain to enroll in ski school & Snow Angels Daycare!

Braden got all fitted up! He was so excited!

Then after a 7 hour class, he showed us what he could do! We were so excited for him & he was so proud!

He did collapse, but still with a smile!

Posing with Baby Sister!

Ready to do it again!

Baryn was wiped out on Tuesday while we waited for Daddy & Bubba from a day on the slopes!

She loved the taste of the snow!

Then we were back down again to get back to the Condo! (notice the ground has NO snow)

Then we went out for Sushi, and came home again to a warm fireplace & a little time in the jacuzzi!
Just wanted to share our trip so far! We are having a blast and hope for snow tomorrow! We leave on Friday for our long trip all the way home!
And for those of you who noticed that I wasn't on skis in any of these photos, My husband took me on a Blue on Monday & ruined me, since I haven't skied in 4 years, so I gave up! It saves us quite a bit of money, as I turned in my skis, got a refund on my prepaid lift ticket, & cancelled Baryn's Daycare reservations for Tuesday & Wednesday! I think I should go shopping instead! I am to sore to even think about that! We all four have spent every night in the hot tub that is on our back patio! It is so nice to sit in there every night, but I am still so very sore!!
3 comments:
I KNOW you did not drive through our town and not say Hi!!! There was some snow last week, but it warmed up again, sorry :( Cohen went last weekend and only 3 of 7 lifts were running at Arapahoe Basin (including the bunny slope!). Where are y'all at? There should be snow tomorrow, that's what the guy on tv said, and they never lie; hope the kiddos get to see some! Give us a holler if you have a few minutes free!
Of course Baryn looks so sylish on the slopes! Have fun!!!
stylish.... did I spell it right this time?
Post a Comment