So, a couple of weeks ago Chad & I received an email that the new Baylor football coach was coming out to Midland for a Dinner and to sign up to attend. I emailed a friend of mine who went to Baylor, as well as her husband to see if they wanted to go. I didn't want to be the youngest ones there like back in 1998, when Chad & I were the youngest by 40 years! I called on Monday (the deadline for reservations) and the lady told me, they were sold out! SOLD OUT? How many Baylor people could there be in Midland? Apparantly, more than we thought! So Chad, the actual Baylor Grad, decided, that since there were so many so people going, then, maybe he should be there! But they were full, so he called to the Country Club & got them to call Waco for one of their members, to get tickets.....and so we did!
So we go tonight, a great date night, and they have a great turnout! HUGE! Could of been bigger, but not enough room. So, they send all their real important people up to talk & gather the troops to get excited about the new Football Coach, Art Briles. Very nice West Texan! He is going to lead the Bears to a Bowl game! Yippee! So they go throughout the night having Trivia questions, & all I want is a darn Football for Little Man! These questions are how many yards did so & so run in his first game in 1972? I WASN'T EVEN BORN! So how am I suppose to get a stinkin' football? As I am telling Chad that he better win me a football, the last question of the evening was... When is the opening football game & against whom? WELL! Since I am a planner, It is Braden's 6th Birthday weekend & I already have reservations for that Game & have done my research, as well as Pre-planned my already ordered Christmas Card Picture around this particular game, I raised my hand ever so quick, and answered..."Even though I am an Aggie, I am proud to say that it is Wake Forest on August 28th!" Whoooo Hoooo! I just won Bee Dub a football! Yeah! Then we were able to get Coach Briles to sign it, as well as Walter Abercrombie, who was some Big Wig Running Back from the 1982 Championship Team! Then one of my customer's son is going to signthat I met over Spring Break, as he is a current player on the Team, Sam Sledge.
On the way home, I was so giddy about this ball that the Aggie won at the Baylor Dinner for my Little Man! As we were discussing when to give Braden the ball, tonight or for his Birthday, Chad said, "I am gonna put this in my office!" It has Braden's name on it from Walter, but Chad is taking it to work! I told Bee Dub when we got home, that this football will be his the day he gets accepted to Baylor! I will get him something really big when he gets into A&M! We have 13 more years!
Have a great day!
Thursday, May 15, 2008
This Aggie Showed them Up!
Posted by Darby Basham Brown at 9:28 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment