As Chad and I were finally enjoying the peace & quiet of the evening, we saw a commercial reminding us & getting us hyped up about a new show coming on this Wednesday on the new truTV! It is a little about our area and our background of Midland, Texas (which we love so much!) It is called BlackGold and boy, oh boy....again, there are the connections that makes this so neat! One of my cutomers whom I think is just a doll, Erica, her husband is one of the main guys. Her husband is Rooster, the pipe supplier. Yall have probably heard of him because of them naming their son Miller Lyte after his favorite beer! His daughter in law is our vet, and his brother is Matthew McConaughey! (you can read about all of these men on thier web site) A girl that I got all my drill team stuff from in high school as well as her mom who is in Geowives with Mom & I, their husband/dad is Autry Stephens, who has the drilling company. And then the last main guy is a guy that I just knew of through church, as he & his wife are quite involved & his name is Mike LaMonica. His partner's daughter (who apparently is not in the limelight) & I used to play soccer together & dad & him are in a lunch group together!
So Once again, for you out of towners who always get a good laugh about my crazy Midland stories of who's who out here, here is another one! We are excited to have these connections, it sure does make it real for us! Midland is great for this! Take a look between now & Wednesday and don't forget to watch! http://www.trutv.com/shows/black_gold/index.html
Sunday, June 15, 2008
A little bit about us!
Posted by Darby Basham Brown at 10:52 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
Only you would be able to know everyone in the show! ha ha ha! You are meeting my expectations! I'm glad you posted this because I didn't even know the show was coming on. Must tell the parents. Not that they probably get this station, but I bet it will be online.
Post a Comment