This week has been a rollar coaster of emotions & just a lot going on! Jessica & I went to market this weekend and crammed in way too much in 2 days. This caused for an aching back and swollen feet! We then got stuck at the airport longer than we wanted to after being so tired from Market! Midnight, Sunday rolled around and I finally got home to just crash! Monday, Jessica & I went up to the office looking like death warmed over, but we really needed to get the back room cleaned, so we slowly took care of that!
That night after getting home, I got a call from Jessica saying that the "real bad accident" on the news was that of not only one of our customers, but a dear friend's Mom. Jennifer Hochman Yeager's mom was driving on the Loop, (our main highway in town) and she was killed by a car that lost control, went into the median, hit a divit, went air borne and that was drivin by an INTOXICATED 17 year old with no frickin drivers license or insurance! I hope she rots in hell. She has been charged with Intoxication Manslaughter and I hope she gets the max of 20 years, which really isn't enough in my mind. Patsy was a great person & will be deeply missed by everyone. The service was yesterday & just beautiful! It was really hard as I just don't do "funerals" since little Braxton. I just can't. I just felt like I needed to be there yesterday, since it was a memorial service. It was so hard, but I made it!
Ughhhh, Tuesday & Wednesday were filled with swim lessons for BeeDub, and tons of work for me at the store as we are slammed & had 2 brides that are getting married this weekend. (we worked on programs & place cards all darn week)
Thursday, started off with a highlight & cut, and haircuts for the boys all with Jeff, then the kids to mom & dad's while I go to the Dr.'s for my hand that I hurt when I fell at my shopping center. That was interesting, as I went 2 weeks ago after it happened and he put me ina splint for possible fracture. It has hurt like hell, but that darn brace allows me to do nothing! I had xrays then and had more today & you cuold see where the questionable spot was, so back into my brace unless I wanted a cast....HELL NO! So I go in another 2 weeks, to see whats up! Then to pick up BeeDub to go to swim lessons, and then a quick visit to work, then had to go to the tux shop for this weekend (tel you more later) and then BeeDub back to mom & dad's for a little while, while I go to the service, and then to work. Meanwhile Sallie, went & picked up the kids and brought them home! My day is still not over, long afternoon at work, then to go tan, then home to get house ready for the cousins, and then to go hang with a long time friend (since 2nd grade) at her mom's house who lives 3 doors down! THEN TO BED!
So, for today..... I have to finish the house (never ending story), go into work for a little while, due to an employee who forgot that she has responsibility, be late to a bridal shower, pick up laundry, pick up tux for little man, make sure that the store is handled by the unresponsible girl, and then await the "cousins" from Beaumont to come in and then head to Rehearsal & Rehearsal Dinner! AGHHHHH! What a day!
This weekend is the much anticipated wedding of Megan & Kit. Megan is Chad's aunt's oldest (youngest is getting married in December) and I happen to have babysat for them in junior high, so I have known them for a long time, not just the life of this relationship! Well, my dreams have come true as my child is going to be in his very first wedding! This is big time in my book! He looks so dapper in his tux and Baby Sister has an adorable dress, so anticipate LOTS of pictures come Monday!
The wedding will be all consuming this weekend, so you could imagine what is to continue.....a busier pace!!
Will write more later you guys, have a good one!
Friday, June 27, 2008
What a week!
Posted by Darby Basham Brown at 6:47 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment